+ What's your policy on working at heights?
You can be rest assured that Platinum Window Cleaning takes Work, Health & Safety matters very seriously. In fact, the very nature of this kind of work, the use of ladders, working in public areas and at heights means we dedicate safety for our staff and the general public as a number one top priority.
We are constantly revising and updating how we handle safety matters. The following is a brief summary of our WHS policies for your peace of mind:
- All new staff are immediately given a safety induction and training session before being allowed to work on site. This training is complete when staff can adequately demonstrate knowledge of safe implementation of tasks to management.
- Our Safe Work Method Statements cover all safety issues with regards to the tasks we handle. This can be viewed upon request.
- A Job Safety Analysis is completed by management for any site that may have additional safety measures to implement. This is then communicated to all staff before commencing work. This can be viewed upon request.
- All staff have access to a first aid kit should an incident occur. This kit is monitored and refreshed on a regular basis with a record keeping process in place.
- All management on site are trained and qualified in administering first aid.
- All workers performing work at heights are appropriately trained and qualified to do so under a Statement of Attainment from nationally recognised courses from Registered Training Organisations.
- When cleaning in public areas appropriate warning signs and if required and practicable 'no-go zones' are constructed to protect staff and the general public.
- All height safety equipment is regularly inspected with a record keeping process in place.
- Staff are regularly consulted on safety matters and records are kept on these meetings including any adjustments made to safety procedures.
- Platinum Window Cleaning has full public and property liability insurance.
+ What if it's raining on the day of clean?
Climate is what we expect, weather is what we get." - Mark Twain A common misconception is that rainy weather will make freshly cleaned windows dirty. This is incorrect. The three major things that cause windows to become dirty are: " Pollen " Insect droppings " Dust If these are present on the glass when it rains, the residue in the rain attaches itself to the dirt and often makes the windows look worse. However, if the windows are cleaned, then the rain will simply sheet off the clean glass and the windows continue to remain clean. Working outside in the rain does present a Work Health & Safety concern for window cleaners as there are risks of slipping, tripping and falling from heights. If weather conditions are stormy, windy or the day has heavy continuous rain we will contact you to reschedule for another day and time. If isolated showers are forecast for the day we will proceed with bookings so long as we feel it is safe to do so. No ladders will be used or work from heights will be conducted in wet conditions and we may need to reschedule to complete outside work if showers or isolated stormy conditions persist during the clean.
+ What if I need to cancel my booking?
"Life is what happens when we're busy making other plans." - John Lennon. Just like our favourite Beatle we understand that life can create some unforeseen events at times and you may have to reschedule or cancel a clean. We are more than happy to accommodate this, all that we ask is that your cancellation is made before 1 business day prior to your booking otherwise there is a cancellation fee of $75. This is due to lost time and expense incurred as a result of scheduling problems.
If we arrived but we were unable to access the site due to no one being there a cancellation fee of $75 will apply. We thank you greatly for your co-operation and understanding in this regard.
+ Can you send me a reminder for my booking?
Yes, as a reminder we will call 1 week before your appointment.
+ What payment methods do you take?
Card is the most common payment method and we’ve made it nice and easy for you. To reserve your appointment please enter your card information via our secure online booking platform. Your card is charged the quoted amount when your appointment is complete. Simple.
For commercial properties, if required we can set up an account for you and send through a tax invoice to your accounts team, payment can be made via EFT, due within 14 days.
+ I'd like to arrange a regular schedule. How can we set this up?
When making a booking you have the option to select “I’d like to arrange a regular schedule.” From there you can choose the schedule you like along with any further details.
At the end of each clean we will provide you with an appointment card with your next cleaning date.
You can also notify us that you would like to arrange a regular schedule by calling, emailing or in person at the end of your cleaning appointment.
+ Do You Use Any Toxic Chemicals?
The products we use for almost 100% of window cleaning jobs are:
- Phosphate free
Sometimes we are assigned a job to clean stained windows. Staining commonly occurs from hard water (usually tap water) residue drying on the glass.
For glass that has minimal staining there is no difference in the cleaning products we use. (Just a different technique).
The process for attempting to remove heavily stained glass however can involve the use of stronger chemicals.
Please contact us if you have an issue with stained glass and we can discuss your options.
+ How high up do you clean?
Using our state of the art waterfed pole technology we can access up to 4 stories high from the ground.
Using an Elevated Work Platform we can access any height under 11m.
+ Do you do pressure washing, house washing or solar panel cleaning?
Through our trusted partners we can arrange for professional pressure washing which includes building washes. We can perform basic pressure washing duties such as cleaning the security screens. We may be able to perform solar panel cleaning for you but will need to inspect the accessibility of them first.
+ How much do you charge?
Each building has different sizes, types and amounts of windows and will require different techniques for accessing them.
That's why it's imperative we organise a site inspection so we can provide you with an accurate quote plus measure any safety considerations there may be prior to work, which is required by law.
However, as a guide, pricing range can often be summarised with:
- Medium sized ground level house: $150+
- Medium sized 2 story house: $300+
+ Can you provide a Job Safety Analysis and/or a Safe Work Method Statement?
Absolutely. Safety is our number one priority and we will be happy to hand over any necessary JSA's or SWMP's.
+ Do you do builders cleans?
Yes. Please contact us if you require a site inspection.
Please note payment method is via card, paid immediately upon completion of work.